I have a some random things going on around these parts (my head) I wanted to share with you.
1. I have been obsessed with coconut oil lately. I cook with it. I have been slathering it on Jackson and myself after baths instead of lotion, using it on my hair when it is feeling a l dry. Oh and when I am dousing our bodies with it sometimes some will drop on the wood floors and it has shined those areas up. Hmm, I think I need to rub down the whole house! Heck, I have even rubbed down Willie (my dog) where he had a rash from scratching and chewing on himself…it seems to have helped. Anyway, it seems I am not the only one that loves this stuff…check out these 10 reasons to love coconut oil!
2. I am also obsessed with teeth…healthy teeth! A new campaign/website launched to help educate about the importance of brushing, flossing, and maintaining the health of baby teeth. Baby or primary teeth play a very important role in ensuring a healthy child and should not be neglected. Teaching children the importance of brushing properly two times a day for at least 2 minutes can help them to have healthy teeth for a lifetime. Check out 2min2x. There are videos children can watch while brushing and important information for parents as well. Oh and just FYI…in general your child does not have the dexterity to thoroughly brush his/her teeth as well as need be until they are able to write in cursive, so always follow behind or supervise brushing.
3. There is a new initiative to help educate expecting/new mothers on important medical advice. It is free to sign up and you receive text messages with information based on your baby’s due date or birthday. Pretty cool if you ask me. Text4baby is part of the National Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition and is free even if you do not have a texting plan on your phone service.
4. The other night my family went out to dinner. I rode with my parents (Bo came straight from work, so I did not want 2 cars there) and after dinner my parents were saying goodbye to my brother, sister-in-law, and nephews. Jackson was getting hungry and I could not get in the car to get his carseat because it was locked, so we posted up on the curb and this is what my husband found when he rounded the corner after saying goodbye to all…Jackson scarfing down some ninny and me enjoying the breeze, the quiet, and the snuggles.
5. And the best randomness of all (which just happened, so I will add it)…ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS JUST GOT ENGAGED! Oh, pardon the yelling, I was super excited! Congratulations Kelci and Adrian. Y’all made my night :).