So the lovely Lana at Monday’s Nugget nominated me for a Liebster Award! So exciting. Ok so, what the heck is said award…well I’ll tell you! It is an award that is given to blogs with less than 200 followers with rules to follow to keep the award going! It is really just a great way to help bloggers connect, support one another, and to discover new blogs!
Rules to the Liebster Award are…
- Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
- Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
- Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the
award to and link them in your post.
- Go to their page and tell them about the award.
- No tag backs.
The questions that Lana asked of her 11 nominees are…
- Did you breastfeed in public? (If this doesn’t apply to you, do you think breastfeeding in public is gross? Why yes, I do breastfeed in public and NO I do not feel it is gross to see a breastfeeding mother doing so in public!
- Do you pee in the shower? As a matter of fact that is the best place to do so! Furthermore, I am a mother so I have to multi-task
- Have you ever left a message on a deceased friend’s Facebook page? No, but I think about doing this on a regular basis, just to say “Hey, how are you. We miss you!”
- Do you think Javier Bardem is hot? Truth be told, I had no clue who he was, so I googled him! He’s handsome, not drool worthy hot to me.
- Do you watch “The Bachelor”, and if so, can you help me understand why I choose to waste so much time of my life watching that show? Negative. But I do not judge you for watching such trash…you see a vice of mine is Teen Mom
- Have you ever traded your significant other sex for help with the household chores? Nope! Furthermore he knows if he wants, or expects, anything to be done around the house, he better get to it!
- What’s your favorite meal on a budget? Kale Fried Rice! I add kielbasa or eggs for added protein and to make it more caveman, “I think I must have meat at all meals,” husband friendly.
- When is the last time you bought something special for yourself? What was it? Well this is a great question, but I am not sure of the answer.
- Do you have a favorite parenting book? I am a fan of The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding.
- Have your children ever referred to a household object as “Grandma? No, but that would be funny.
- Do you own a tweed jacket? No, I am not a jacket person in general because I am always burning up!
Now for 11 Random Facts…
- I loved elementary and high school so much that I would go back in a second and redo either!
- I am the 4th of 6 children…set smack in the middle age wise; 7.5 years younger than the oldest and 7.5 years older than the youngest.
- Speaking of my siblings, we all share the middle name Foster, my paternal grandmother’s maiden name. Most of us have an additional middle name as well.
- I should have been a gymnast because I can do the splits and have the build of one as opposed to the post basketball player I liked to think I was in my head!
- I LOATHE talking on the phone and most times I screen calls . If you ever want me to respond, just text.
- I am obsessed with being a mom…best thing ever!
- I run and workout solely because someone decided it was healthy for people to do. I prefer to have someone (aka a trainer) just tell me what to do and allow me to complain the whole time and feel great when it is over. But alas the financials do not afford that luxury, so I have to self motivate for a week about ever 2-3 months. Ha.
- I like to sew. I am not great, but I enjoy reading about sewing and purchasing fabric.
- I am exclusive…I really only like to hang out regularly with my family and I like to have 1-3 great friends that I spend my time with outside of my family.
- I LOVE to read, but really only stuff by Nora Roberts, J.D. Robb, or Nicholas Sparks.
- I hate folding and putting away laundry. So much so I will leave it in the dryer until my husband does his laundry and finally folds it for me. Lol. It is horrible, I will leave it in there for a week. I do not iron, so it is worn wrinkly!
I hope you enjoyed my answers and random facts!
Tune in Monday for my picks for the Liebster Award! And in the mean time, do not forget to check out Monday’s Nugget and what all Lana is up to. Thanks for your nomination!
And for your viewing pleasure…my hilarious son! Watch for the little shoulder dance. Sorry I could not control my laughter there for a second!